This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS. All opinions are mine alone. #BOOItForward #CollectiveBiasGet ready, because today I have a BOO-Tacular Ghostbusters® Halloween Party to share with you! I think that the perfect way to celebrate Halloween is with a spooky Ghostbusters® movie night filled with loads of sweets and treats. I’ve taken a modern twist on different elements of the movie and included some fun dessert and decor ideas. I’ve also created a tutorial on how to make a spooky BOO kit that you can send out to your party guests. This way you can encourage your guests to BOO It Forward and create one for their friends too!
At the center of my dessert table, I placed some store bought cupcakes that I dressed up with eyeball sprinkles. Don’t the eyeballs on the white frosting simply scream Stay Puft Marshmallow Man?! I also cut some black striped card stock and taped it around the base of the cupcake.
Towards the front of the dessert table I scattered some fresh eucalyptus leaves and finished it off with a few bowls of candy. I included fun sized SNICKERS® TWIX®, Skittles®, Starburst® and my favorite Life Savers® gummies! The green eucalyptus leaves and Life Savers® gummies were inspired by the character Slimer!
I took a large glass jug, poured some poison in it (jk it’s just iced tea), and finished it off with some vinyl letter stickers to complete the look.
No movie night is complete without some popcorn. On the right side of the dessert table I took a white crate and placed small bags of popcorn inside. Now this is no ordinary popcorn. I was inspired by all of the spooky ghosts and monsters throughout Ghostbusters® and added some chocolate monster eyeballs in for a fun surprise (full tutorial below).If your wondering where you can get Ghostbusters®, it’s now available at Walmart on Blu-Ray and DVD! On top of that, it’s also available on VUDU!
I also made a plate of these super delicious candy apples that were also inspired by Stay Puft Marshmallow Man (see tutorial below). The white candy melts gives off that fluffy marshmallow look, and the small eyeball sprinkles are spot on with his own eyes!
I lifted the cupcake stand with a hexagon shaped wooden box for a modern detail. My favorite part of this dessert table is the wooden “BOO” sign. I made this sign by painting some unfinished wooden letters and hung it up right in the center. Super simple and easy!
It wouldn’t be Halloween without a few pumpkins, so I placed some fun painted ones on top of my crate. Now, let’s jump into some tasty treat tutorials and how to create the perfect BOO Kit for your party guest!
-White candy melts
1. Crush yourSNICKERS® and TWIX® bars and place them in small bowls
2. Place your apple on a lollipop stick and melt your candy in the microwave
3. Completely dip your apple into the melted candy
4. Quickly dip your candy apple into the crushed TWIX® and SNICKERS®
5. Add some eyeball sprinkles for a spooky finish
6. Now your Halloween candy apples are ready to enjoy
-Popcorn or kettle corn
-Paper bags and vinyl stickers
1. Take your M&M’S® and attach some eyeball sprinkles to them, using your left over candy melts or frosting
2. Pop some of your favorite popcorn or kettle corn
3. Mix your monster eyeballs in with the kettle corn and place them in a paper bag
4. Take some vinyl letter stickers and create some Halloween words or quotes on your bag
1. Take some black and white paint and paint your wooden box. I used some painters tape to create a two-toned look.
2. Add the words “BOO KIT” onto your box with some vinyl letter stickers
3. Open up your box and add some paper shreds to create a base for your candy
4. Take a couple paper bags and fill them with some yummy candies
5. Add some eyes to your bag by using the letter “O” from you vinyl sticker set
6. Print out your free “You’ve Been BOO’d” printable from BOOItForward.com and movie ticket invitation to include in your box
7. Secretly deliver it to your friends and encourage them to BOO It Forward!
This DIY BOO Kit is the perfect way to invite all of your friends over for a Halloween movie night. Fill it with some yummy candies for a teaser of all the sweets they will enjoy at your party. I also created a free printable movie ticket invitation for you! American Greetings® has a wide variety of gift bags, tissue paper, and stickers to help you create the perfect BOO Kit! Their products can be found at your local Walmart, near the greeting cards section.
Hope you guys enjoyed this BOO-Tacular Ghostbusters® Halloween Party! What are you most excited for this Halloween season?
I purchased most of my candy and party supplies at Walmart! It’s the one stop shop for all of your Halloween essentials!
Don’t forget to enter the BOO It Forward Sweepstakes for a chance to win a $500 Walmart Gift Card!